Double Chocolate Cherry Skillet Brownies a la mode with vanilla ice cream, almond butter drizzle, and chocolate shavings. This skillet brownie is lower in sugar and made with healthier ingredients like almond butter, whole grains, dried Montmorency tart cherries, and dark chocolate.
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold brew coffee
- 2 ounces 72% cacao dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 4 X 3.5 inch cast iron skillets with coconut oil and place on baking sheet.
- In large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Stir in egg, vanilla, and coffee.
- Allow melted chocolate to cool slightly, and stir into batter with cocoa powder and salt.
- Gently fold in flour until combined; do not over mix.
- Toss in dried tart cherries and chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Spoon brownie batter into cast iron skillets. Bake for 13-15 minutes until slightly undercooked. Brownie will continue to “bake” in skillet as it cools.
- Serve brownies a la mode with ice cream, almond butter drizzle, and a dusting of chocolate shavings.