“End of Summer” Chicken Panzanella Salad recipe made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, chunks of toasty garlic bread, grilled corn, fresh basil, avocado, parmesan cheese. It’s packed with perfectly seasoned grilled chicken for satiating protein and smothered in a thick balsamic vinegar. YUM!
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 4 cups cubed day old sourdough bread
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic glaze or vinegar dressing
- Season chicken breast with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and grill chicken until fully cooked and reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Also, place corn on grill to create a little char on each side.
- Meanwhile, place bread in a bowl and toss with lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil to coat. Season with a sprinkle of Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until bread is crispy on the outside and soft in the center, like a homemade crouton.
- When chicken and corn have finished and cooled slightly. Use a sharp knife to remove corn from the cob, and dice chicken.
- In a large bowl, place cucumber, lettuce, avocado, diced chicken, corn, parmesan and basil and toss together. Season with freshly ground pepper and drizzle with a thick balsamic glaze and olive oil if desired.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill or Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: chicken panzanella, salad, protein, homemade croutons