“End of Summer” Chicken Panzanella Salad recipe made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, homemade croutons, grilled corn, fresh basil, avocado, parmesan cheese. It’s packed with perfectly seasoned grilled chicken for satiating protein and smothered in a thick balsamic vinegar. YUM!
You guys, OMG.
End-of-Summer Chicken Panzanella Salad.
I’m sharing this recipe with you because I was craving a good summer salad with all the fresh end of summer veggie flavors and this Chicken Panzanella Salad is EVERYTHING.
I served it at a little impromptu dinner gathering at our house and we couldn’t get enough. I mean bread salad, now that’s something I can get behind.
I’ve made this panzanella salad recipe again and again and shared it with friends too. We just love it and I know you will too!
You may be asking yourself…
What is Panzanella salad?
It’s a Tuscan chopped salad made yummy chunks of toasty bread, tomatoes and good balsamic vinegar. Summery tomatoes, cucumber, grilled corn, basil.
oh me oh my
paired with garlicky bread and savory chicken…
and thick balsamic vinegar.
And how can we forget about some creamy avocado too…
I die. So so good.
This salad can totally be prepared on the grill. Grill up your seasoned chicken, corn on the cob and garlic bread. I love the simplicity of this chicken Panzanella salad that screams summer time.
Chop up all the veggies and toss it together with a bunch of thick balsamic vinegar. You can also add some olive oil too and freshly ground pepper.
I hope you make this one up for friends and family ASAP.
I could probably eat chicken panzanella salad every single night of the week. Whatchu think?
If you tried this recipe or any of our recipes, please leave a comment and rate the recipe. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #loveandzest on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @LoveandZest, Pinterest, and Facebook.Print
“End of Summer” Chicken Panzanella Salad recipe made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, chunks of toasty garlic bread, grilled corn, fresh basil, avocado, parmesan cheese. It’s packed with perfectly seasoned grilled chicken for satiating protein and smothered in a thick balsamic vinegar. YUM!
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 4 cups cubed day old sourdough bread
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic glaze or vinegar dressing
- Season chicken breast with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and grill chicken until fully cooked and reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Also, place corn on grill to create a little char on each side.
- Meanwhile, place bread in a bowl and toss with lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil to coat. Season with a sprinkle of Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until bread is crispy on the outside and soft in the center, like a homemade crouton.
- When chicken and corn have finished and cooled slightly. Use a sharp knife to remove corn from the cob, and dice chicken.
- In a large bowl, place cucumber, lettuce, avocado, diced chicken, corn, parmesan and basil and toss together. Season with freshly ground pepper and drizzle with a thick balsamic glaze and olive oil if desired.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill or Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: chicken panzanella, salad, protein, homemade croutons
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Love & Zest will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!