OH ME OH MY! This Farmhouse Chicken Chopped Salad with romaine, cabbage, kale, carrots, grilled chicken breast, bacon, sunflower seeds and avocado tossed in a tangy orange honey mustard dressing is my jam.
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 3 strips cooked center cut bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ½ avocado, diced
- For dressing
- ⅓ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 5–6 drops sriracha hot sauce
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the bacon on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Transfer the cooked bacon onto a plate with paper towels to cool and remove extra grease. Crumble bacon once it cools.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together until combined. I like using a mason jar for this– add ingredients to jar, cap it, and shake. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix together romaine, cabbage, kale, and carrots in a large bowl. Add bacon and grilled chicken to bowl and toss the salad with dressing. Top the salad with avocado and sunflower seeds.