This post is sponsored by the Florida Department of Citrus.
OH ME OH MY! This Farmhouse Chicken Chopped Salad with romaine, cabbage, kale, carrots, grilled chicken breast, bacon, sunflower seeds and avocado tossed in a tangy orange honey mustard dressing is my jam.
If you want to know what I’m craving lately it’s this Farmhouse Chicken Chopped Salad.
I got hooked on salad kits recently and this is a spin off from one that I just can’t get enough of.. I’m like hey, why not make this amazingness myself to add even more of my favorites like avocado, chicken breast and tangy orange honey mustard dressing… because yolo.
You guys were flipping over this one too on instagram last week… sorry not sorry for the photo tease. Soooo I edited the pictures quick and got this one up for you to make Farmhouse Chicken Chopped Salad for dinner this week.
I love chopped salads because all the veggies are cut really small so you get a heck of a lot of veg in your bowl and they fill you up!
This salad has chopped romaine, cabbage, kale and carrots and made complete with protein from bacon and grilled chicken breast plus good fat from avocado and sunflower seeds.
And coated in tangy orange honey mustard ← I’m all about that sauce.
The dressing comes together super quick with ingredients you likely already have in your fridge: FLOJ, mustard, mayo and maple syrup + sriracha hot sauce, if you like is spicy like me.
As a born and raised Florida girl and currently growing our family in Orlando, I love using FLOJ in my recipes because every glass of Florida Orange Juice provides the Amazing 5: great taste, vitamin C, potassium, folate and no sugar added.
And if you want my best tip on how to make homemade dressing… add all the ingredients into a mason jar, cap it and give it a shake.
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 3 strips cooked center cut bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ½ avocado, diced
- For dressing
- ⅓ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 5-6 drops sriracha hot sauce
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the bacon on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Transfer the cooked bacon onto a plate with paper towels to cool and remove extra grease. Crumble bacon once it cools.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together until combined. I like using a mason jar for this-- add ingredients to jar, cap it, and shake. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix together romaine, cabbage, kale, and carrots in a large bowl. Add bacon and grilled chicken to bowl and toss the salad with dressing. Top the salad with avocado and sunflower seeds.
More Hearty Salad Recipes
Grilled Greens Chicken Caesar Chopped Salad