Fudgy Vegan Birthday Cake Brownies moist. chocolate. birthday cake. in brownie form with an extra chocolate fudge factor.
- ½ cup Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (to make “flax eggs” see notes below)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder (vegan)
- ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ cup superfine almond flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Prepare flax eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease 12 count muffin tin with Thrive Culinary Algae Oil.
- In large bowl, mix together Thrive, maple syrup, flax eggs, vanilla, and coconut milk.
- Whisk in baking powder and cocoa powder until fully combined.
- Stir in gluten free all purpose flour and almond flour; fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, and top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until brownies are set. Allow to cool before removing from pan; may need to run knife around edge to gently release brownie from sides of pan.
- Store in airtight container on countertop for 2-3 days or in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg