Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the best banana bread recipe I’ve ever tasted! Easy to make and healthy too.
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup super fine ground almond flour
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (plus additional for topping if desired)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced in half for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease loaf pan with oil or cooking spray, and line with parchment paper for easy removal from pan.
- In a large bowl, mash banana and whisk in egg.
- Stir in kefir, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in baking salt and baking soda until fully incorporated.
- Stir in gluten free flour and almond flour until combined; fold in dates, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with a knife or spatula and top with sliced banana and additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Place on center rack and bake for 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center is clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before releasing edges from pan, gently tug on parchment paper to remove loaf from pan. Enjoy!
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: One Bowl
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: Quick bread, chocolate chip, banana bread, easy, gluten free, almond flour