Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the best banana bread recipe I’ve ever tasted! Easy to make healthy recipe with walnuts, dates, and almond flour.
Gluten Free Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips.
Raise your hand if you need a slice of this healthy banana nut bread!? MEEEE!! I’m over here jumping up and down and super pumped to share this super easy one bowl recipe with you.
I made this recipe because BANANA BREAD with chocolate chips is the best breakfast ever and >> I know we all need a little more healthy banana bread in our lives. Woot woot.
When I test recipes here for the blog, I make them over and over… tweaking ever so slightly to get the best recipe. And of course my little taste testers are a good judge of my recipes too. And I am crazy proud of this one friends.
If you like banana nut bread with chocolate chips and chunks of banana in every bite, this recipe is for you!
I really hope give this easy banana bread recipe a go in your kitchen too.
Here’s what you need to make this healthy banana bread recipe.
- one bowl, mixing spoon and loaf pan
- bananas (extra ripe)
- kefir (or buttermilk)
- coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- vanilla extract/salt/baking soda
- gluten free all purpose flour
- almond flour
- and chocolate chips
How to make Gluten Free Banana Bread?
4 easy steps and one bowl and you have super moist (yep- I said it) and healthy banana bread.
- Grab yourself a big mixing bowl, and mash the bananas.
- Whisk in the eggs, kefir, coconut sugar, and spices into the same bowl.
- Stir in the gluten free flour blend; fold in the chocolate chips, dates and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with two slices of banana. Bake banana loaf at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes!
What to eat with banana bread for breakfast?
If you’re a banana bread lover, you’ll love this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe!! Enjoy a warm slice with a slather of salted butter and a glass of milk (or coffee). YUM!
If you need a little more protein in your life, pair healthy banana bread with cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs, for a quick grab and go breakfast option.
Can I make this banana bread recipe into muffins?
I’m sure you can but I haven’t tested it with this recipe.
Normally muffins bake in half the time so be sure to keep an eye on it if you try them as muffins. I like to use good quality muffin liners to ensure that muffins rise nice and tall and don’t stick to the liner.
I do have some favorite banana bread muffin recipes that I’ve linked to at the bottom of the post.
More Healthy Banana Bread Recipes
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the best banana bread recipe I’ve ever tasted! Easy to make and healthy too.
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup super fine ground almond flour
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (plus additional for topping if desired)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced in half for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease loaf pan with oil or cooking spray, and line with parchment paper for easy removal from pan.
- In a large bowl, mash banana and whisk in egg.
- Stir in kefir, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in baking salt and baking soda until fully incorporated.
- Stir in gluten free flour and almond flour until combined; fold in dates, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with a knife or spatula and top with sliced banana and additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Place on center rack and bake for 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center is clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before releasing edges from pan, gently tug on parchment paper to remove loaf from pan. Enjoy!
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: One Bowl
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: Quick bread, chocolate chip, banana bread, easy, gluten free, almond flour
If you tried this recipe or any of our recipes, please leave a comment and rate the recipe. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #loveandzest on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @LoveandZest, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Love & Zest will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!