Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cake Donuts… the best homemade gluten free donut you’ll ever eat.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F; grease a 6-count non stick donut pan with pat of butter and paper towel, or spray with cooking spray.
- Grab a large microwave safe mixing bowl and melt 4 tablespoons butter in microwave.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and beat the egg into the mixture.
- Add baking powder, salt and almond milk to bowl and stir until combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan and spread it around to create a smooth surface.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes; remove the pan from the oven and allow donuts to cool slightly.
- Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and toss in the donuts. Seal the bag and gently give it a shake to coat each donut in cinnamon sugar. Store in airtight container.
Feel free to add more sugar to the bag, not all of the sugar will stick but that’s okay. You just want enough in the bag to coat the donuts evenly.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donut (1/6 recipe)
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 144mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Keywords: gluten free donuts, healthy, recipe, cinnamon sugar cake donuts, gluten free donut recipe