Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cake Donuts… the best homemade gluten free donut you’ll ever eat.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F; grease a 6-count non stick donut pan with pat of butter and paper towel, or spray with cooking spray.
- Grab a large microwave safe mixing bowl and melt 4 tablespoons butter in microwave.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and beat the egg into the mixture.
- Add baking powder, salt and almond milk to bowl and stir until combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan and spread it around to create a smooth surface.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes; remove the pan from the oven and allow donuts to cool.
- Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and toss in the donuts. Seal the bag and gently give it a shake to coat each donut in cinnamon sugar. Store in airtight container.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donut (1/6 recipe)
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 144mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Keywords: gluten free donuts, healthy, recipe, cinnamon sugar cake donuts, gluten free donut recipe