The Best Gluten Free Donuts
Breaking News: The best donut recipe you’ve ever tasted are Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cake Donuts.
I know, it’s a bold statement but let me explain. According to the hubs these are the best donuts he has ever tasted and he told me to tell you that they are the BEST. It’s so hard to believe they are gluten free!!
Hubs: Kristina, you really need to talk up these gluten free donuts recipe to let everyone know how good they are!
Me: Really? You really like them a lot? Like I should make them again?
Hubs: YES! They are the best donuts I’ve ever tasted… well maybe aside from apple fritters these gluten free donuts are right up there tied for first.
Hubs: Can you please make these for every holiday? Well it doesn’t have to be a holiday, but I think that everyone will love them. You should take some to your parents house tonight, or maybe not.
I got a text the next day, “I’m having Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cake Donuts withdrawals, can you bake some more?”
Now I know what dessert to make the hubs!
Heck I’m always down for a good donut because coffee and sugary baked goods are like the best match. Can I get an amen there?
Does Dunkin or Krispy Kreme sell gluten free donuts?
If you’re asking Alexa for “gluten free donuts near me?” No need to even take off the PJs and leave the house because you can make this homemade gluten free donuts recipe!!
I’m telling you this recipe doesn’t disappoint and according to the hubs is the best donut recipe ever.
Easy gluten free donut recipe
Also, can I please tell you how stupid easy these gluten free donuts are to make? Mix a few ingredients in a large mixing bowl, pour into donut pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Best donut pan for making homemade gluten free donuts?
I use this donut pan for making donuts at home.
And yes, you can also use a mini muffin pan for making homemade donuts– they will be more like donut holes which is fun for little ones too. I love me some donut holes.
One of our readers didn’t have a donut pan and even used a cast iron pan!!
Here’s what a reader said about these donuts
SO DELICIOUS!! I made them in this really cool cast iron pan that has flower shapes ( because I do not have a doughnut pan) and HOLY MACARONI, I LOVED THEM. So easy to make, and a big hit with my parents!! Thank you for satisfying my doughnut craving!!
And many of you said you are looking for more gluten free recipes, add these gluten free donuts one to your baking list!
I’m in love with Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cake Donuts too, plus aren’t homemade donuts just the cutest?
Grab your coffee and enjoy a gluten free donut.Print
Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cake Donuts… the best homemade gluten free donut you’ll ever eat.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F; grease a 6-count non stick donut pan with pat of butter and paper towel, or spray with cooking spray.
- Grab a large microwave safe mixing bowl and melt 4 tablespoons butter in microwave.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and beat the egg into the mixture.
- Add baking powder, salt and almond milk to bowl and stir until combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan and spread it around to create a smooth surface.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes; remove the pan from the oven and allow donuts to cool.
- Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and toss in the donuts. Seal the bag and gently give it a shake to coat each donut in cinnamon sugar. Store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 donut (1/6 recipe)
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 144mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Keywords: gluten free donuts, healthy, recipe, cinnamon sugar cake donuts, gluten free donut recipe
More gluten free baking recipes:
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!