Calling all health junkies, these pancakes are for you! Not your mama’s Saturday morning pancakes, these Health Nut Blueberry Pancakes are made with buckwheat flour, kefir and wild blueberries, and are sure to please even the pickiest palate.
- 1 ¼ cups buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups plain 1% kefir
- 1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- optional toppings– almond butter, almonds, wild blueberries, maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, kefir, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Lightly coat griddle with butter and heat over medium.
- Ladle 1/4 cup pancake batter onto griddle, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons blueberries. Spoon a little more batter onto pancake to cover blueberries.
- Cook until it bubbles on one side and flip.
- Cook until browned on other side.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to make remaining pancakes.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 327mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 49mg