Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl with wooden spoon, mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, water and vanilla until combined. Stir in sugars.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flours, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour flour into wet ingredients, and mix just until combined, making sure not to over mix.
- Coat mini muffin tin with cooking spray or butter, and fill cups full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10g