Chicken Enchilada Soup is legit fall comfort food chili. Easy chicken enchilada soup recipe is great for meal prep and freezes well. Can be made in the slow cooker too!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 can green chiles
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Black Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce (we used BUSH’S)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Pinto Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce (we used BUSH’S)
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn
- 1 pound chicken breast
- Toppings: sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado, cheese, lime wedges
- Using Instant Pot, press SAUTÉ button and heat olive oil adding onions to sauté until translucent; then press cancel to turn off heat.
- Add green chiles, chipotle peppers and enchilada sauce and stir to mash chipotle peppers into sauce.
- Gently stir in chili beans, tomatoes and corn.
- Add chicken breast and submerge into chili.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot, close vent to SEALING, and press CHILI/BEANS button; sets cook time for 20 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, manually depressurize by opening vent and allowing steam to escape.
- Remove chicken; shred and add back to pot stirring into chili.
- Enjoy a bowl of chili topped with sour cream, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips and a squeeze of lime.
Note: Nutrition information for soup does not include toppings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 929mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: enchilada soup, chicken, beans, spicy, Mexican soup