These Lemon Berry Breakfast Muffins with whole wheat flour, coconut oil, lemons, blueberries and raspberries make for a wholesome snack or breakfast!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, packed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups 100% white whole wheat (or spelt or gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; line muffin pan with high quality foil muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, almond milk, lemon zest, and lemon 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Place berries in small bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon flour; gently fold in berries into batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin is clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Using a pastry brush, spread remaining lemon juice evenly on top of the muffins.
- Category: Bakery
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: lemon blueberry breakfast muffins