- For waffles
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup kefir
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup white 100% whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 large banana, mashed
- For toppings (optional)
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter + 1 tablespoon water, for drizzle
- 1 banana, sliced
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped peanuts
- Maple syrup
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat setting.
- In a blender, combine eggs, kefir, coconut oil, salt and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour and powdered peanut butter to blender and mix just until combined; stir in mashed banana.
- Pour batter into non stick waffle maker and cook until waffle maker indicates they are ready– waffles will be golden in color. (Note: be sure to coat waffle maker with cooking oil if you typically do, or waffles could stick).
- Before serving, mix 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder with 1 tablespoon of water to drizzle on top of waffles. Top each waffle with banana slices, chocolate chips, chopped peanuts and maple syrup as desired. Enjoy!