This post is sponsored by Southern Peanut Growers.
Peanut Butter Banana Blender Waffles… they are a good good thing! I would not steer you wrong. Truly, I tell you, I’ve been in on a serious waffle kick as of late.
And because everything in life is better with a little peanut butter… I snuck some peanut butter powder into the batter.
I always have PB powder on hand because…
- It makes a good sub for flour.
- Peanut butter powder makes the BEST PB drizzle!
Have you made waffles in the blender?? It will change your waffle making life because it’s EASY…
and the blender makes pouring batter in the waffle maker less messy. Ya’ll know what I’m talking about, right?
You’ve gotta give these Peanut Butter Banana Blender Waffles a try this weekend! The whole family will love them!
This summer we are challenging you to think beyond the jar of peanut butter!
Use your favorite peanut butter products in a recipe like I did for these Peanut Butter Banana Blender Waffles (or simply enjoy them as)… and take a picture of your creating using hashtag #BeyondTheJar to enter yourself into the PB Lovers recipe contest!
- For waffles
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup kefir
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup white 100% whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 large banana, mashed
- For toppings (optional)
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter + 1 tablespoon water, for drizzle
- 1 banana, sliced
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped peanuts
- Maple syrup
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat setting.
- In a blender, combine eggs, kefir, coconut oil, salt and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour and powdered peanut butter to blender and mix just until combined; stir in mashed banana.
- Pour batter into non stick waffle maker and cook until waffle maker indicates they are ready– waffles will be golden in color. (Note: be sure to coat waffle maker with cooking oil if you typically do, or waffles could stick).
- Before serving, mix 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder with 1 tablespoon of water to drizzle on top of waffles. Top each waffle with banana slices, chocolate chips, chopped peanuts and maple syrup as desired. Enjoy!
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!