Pumpkin Spice Vodka Sauce Linguine… what adulting looks like on Halloween. Traditional vodka sauce is made with tomatoes and cream, but this recipe has been reinvented with pumpkin puree and whole milk yogurt.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 1 cup pasta water, reserved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- ⅓ cup vodka
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and sage; cook until aromatic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the vodka and allow to simmer for a minute.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and pasta water.
- Whisk in parmesan until melted; remove from heat.
- Whisk in Dannon Whole Milk Plain Yogurt and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss to combine. Serve warm; garnish with parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds, if desired.