Easy pinwheel recipe for kids = Rainbow Veggie Pinwheels. A veggie loaded kid friendly lunch box recipe made with white bean hummus that encourages them to eat the rainbow.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 whole lemon)
- 1 can BUSH’S Southern Style White Beans™
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1/2 long English cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 4 wheat tortilla or spinach wraps
- In bowl of food processor, add tahini and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Pulse in Southern Style White Beans beans and stream in olive oil until hummus is very creamy.
- Thinly slice all veggies using a microplane or boxed grater if you have one to get the veggies very thin so they roll up nicely for kiddos.
- Spread hummus on wrap and layer in a rainbow of veggies side by side in the middle of the wrap in ROY-G-BIV fashion. Red bell pepper, carrots, yellow squash, cucumber and/or spinach, and purple cabbage.
- Roll wraps up tightly and slice with a serrated knife into rainbow pinwheels.
- Option— for turkey pinwheels or ham pinwheels, add one or two thin turkey or ham slices on top of hummus before adding veggies. BUSH’S® Beans
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: veggie pinwheels, how to make pinwheels for kids, healthy lunch, rainbow pinwheels