A classic southern dish gets a smoky twist with these Smoky Cheddar Cauliflower Grits and Cajun Shrimp. Cheesy cauliflower grits are served alongside sweet and spicy shrimp skewers with zucchini and pineapple.
- For Shrimp Skewers
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 2 cups zucchini rounds
- ½ large onion sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- For Cheddar Grits
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups (32 ounces) riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 tablespoon half and half
- 4–5 slices Sargento® Smokehouse Cheddar™ Cheese Slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To Prepare Shrimp Skewers:
- Add shrimp, zucchini, pineapple and onions to a large bowl.
- Add oil and creole seasoning; toss to evenly coat ingredients and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp and vegetables on 6-8 large grill skewers.
- Grill skewers on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- To Prepare Cheddar Grits:
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower and garlic and cook until starting to turn golden about 6-8 minutes, stir in broth and cover for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is fully cooked.
- Using an immersion blender, gently pulse cauliflower to create a creamy consistency that resembles grit like texture (not fully pureed like mashed potatoes).
- Remove from heat and stir the cheese slices into the hot grits so it melts into the hot dish and blends easily.
- Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve smoky cheddar grits with cajun shrimp skewers.