This post is sponsored by the NFRA.
A classic southern dish gets a smoky twist with these Smoky Cheddar Cauliflower Grits and Cajun Shrimp.
Cheesy cauliflower grits are served alongside sweet and spicy shrimp skewers with zucchini and pineapple.
Sweet and spicy and smoky…. Ahh, this recipe is a summertime flavor bomb.
Did you know June is National Dairy Month? I loved creating this recipe for Smoky Cheddar Cauliflower Grits and Cajun Shrimp with Sargento® cheese because it is 100% real, natural cheese. Now that’s a product in the dairy aisle that I can stand behind!
Smoky cheddar grits = HAPPINESS!
And I’m not the only one that thinks so, as “smokehouse” is apparently an “on-trend” flavor with restaurant menu items with smokehouse flavors up almost 20% since 2012!
Boom, Smoky Cheddar Cauliflower Grits and Cajun Shrimp for the win!
We’ve got options people.
So you my friends, need to skewer you up some cajun shrimp and veggies and serve it with these smoky cheddar cauliflower grits… if you wanted my honest opinion 🙂
A classic southern dish gets a smoky twist with these Smoky Cheddar Cauliflower Grits and Cajun Shrimp. Cheesy cauliflower grits are served alongside sweet and spicy shrimp skewers with zucchini and pineapple.
- For Shrimp Skewers
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 2 cups zucchini rounds
- ½ large onion sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- For Cheddar Grits
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups (32 ounces) riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 tablespoon half and half
- 4–5 slices Sargento® Smokehouse Cheddar™ Cheese Slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To Prepare Shrimp Skewers:
- Add shrimp, zucchini, pineapple and onions to a large bowl.
- Add oil and creole seasoning; toss to evenly coat ingredients and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp and vegetables on 6-8 large grill skewers.
- Grill skewers on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- To Prepare Cheddar Grits:
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower and garlic and cook until starting to turn golden about 6-8 minutes, stir in broth and cover for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is fully cooked.
- Using an immersion blender, gently pulse cauliflower to create a creamy consistency that resembles grit like texture (not fully pureed like mashed potatoes).
- Remove from heat and stir the cheese slices into the hot grits so it melts into the hot dish and blends easily.
- Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve smoky cheddar grits with cajun shrimp skewers.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!