Tart Cherry, Dark Chocolate & Cashew Granola Bars. These snack bars are sweet, tart, salty, crunchy, healthy, yummy, and easy to make… what else can you ask for in a snack!?
- 1 cup chopped raw cashews
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup puffed rice cereal
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole golden flaxseeds
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F; line 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together syrup and almond butter until combined and gently fold into nut mixture until complete incorporated.
- Transfer bar mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Using an extra sheet of parchment paper, press down on the mixture to form it to the pan and ensuring there are no spaces in the mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes; allow bars to cool completely in pan on a wire drying rack. Place in fridge or freezer for faster cooling.
- Remove parchment paper with cooled bars from the pan and using a serrated knife, slice into 10 even bars. Remove parchment paper from bottom of each bar.
- Wrap each bar individually with plastic wrap to store for snack time. Place wrapped bars in airtight container and store on counter for up to 5 days or in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1/10 recipe
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg