This post is sponsored by the Cherry Marketing Institute as a part of my on going partnership with them. As always, opinions are my own.
Tart Cherry, Dark Chocolate & Cashew Granola Bars. These snack bars are sweet, tart, salty, crunchy, healthy, yummy, and easy to make… what else can you ask for in a snack!?
February is coined the “Month of Love”, but it’s also National Snack Month and National Cherry Month. How are we going to fit all that goodness into the shortest month of the year?
I think I’ve got you covered. Check it. Tart Cherry, Dark Chocolate & Cashew Granola Bars.
Did you know that more than half of all eating occasions are now snacks and more than half of Americans are now snacking at least twice a day?! While I think this is a good trend, it’s super important that we redefine snacks and make sure they are smart nutritious choices that give back.
Some of my favorite snack combos include tart cherries, dark chocolate, and nuts, so I just made them into bar form for you. It’s a power packed snack trio filled with fiber and protein for a nourishing snack that lasts. These bars have it all sweet, sour, salty, and crunchy.
Tart cherries are available in dried, frozen, juice and concentrate forms which makes it easy to enjoy these superfruits year-round. To learn more about going tart at snack time and to find recipes and serving ideas for tart cherries, visit ChooseCherries.com or follow Choose Cherries on Pinterest.
Oh and please note, I’ve tested this recipe with several different sweeteners… maple, honey, agave and the ONLY sweetener that gives a good product (like the images you see in this post) is BROWN RICE SYRUP! Please don’t sub in any other sweeteners into this recipe, unless you want a crumbly granola rather than a bar. Happy Snacking!
- 1 cup chopped raw cashews
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup puffed rice cereal
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole golden flaxseeds
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F; line 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together syrup and almond butter until combined and gently fold into nut mixture until complete incorporated.
- Transfer bar mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Using an extra sheet of parchment paper, press down on the mixture to form it to the pan and ensuring there are no spaces in the mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes; allow bars to cool completely in pan on a wire drying rack. Place in fridge or freezer for faster cooling.
- Remove parchment paper with cooled bars from the pan and using a serrated knife, slice into 10 even bars. Remove parchment paper from bottom of each bar.
- Wrap each bar individually with plastic wrap to store for snack time. Place wrapped bars in airtight container and store on counter for up to 5 days or in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
More Irresistible Granola Bars: