- ½ tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion (1 small onion)
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup wild rice blend, uncooked
- 1 pound raw turkey breast cutlets
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup water
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large pot/saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until aromatic and translucent.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bay leaves, broth, and uncooked rice.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Season turkey with pepper and salt, and add to the soup. Replace cover and let simmer for one hour, or until turkey and rice are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and pick out bay leaves.
- Once safe to handle, remove turkey, shred, and stir back into soup.
- Add half and half and water. Stir well, and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!