Do you want more protein, less carbs and loads of veggies in your diet? Look no further than meal prepping this Vegetarian Roasted Eggplant Lasagna! It’s a dinner time favorite and totally crave worthy.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounce container baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) jar roasted garlic tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Arrange eggplant, kale and mushrooms on pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 25 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting; in a small bowl, mix together cottage cheese, eggs and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Once vegetables are finished roasting, line casserole dish with tomato sauce and and a layer of eggplant topped with kale and mushrooms.
- Then, alternate layers of eggplant and vegetables, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella and tomato sauce until all ingredients are used; ending with layer of mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 33g