If you want to know how to eat watermelon, THIS IS IT >>> Watermelon Pomegranate Salsa. And I cannot get over the presentation of serving this salsa straight in the watermelon rind! Now that’s how to do salsa for a party this holiday season.
- 4 cups small diced watermelon
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for mild salsa)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2/3 cup (4.3oz) fresh pomegranate arils
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut watermelon in half and scoop out flesh, reserving rind.
- Cut watermelon into small dice, reserving 4 cups for salsa.
- In a large bowl, toss together watermelon, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salsa in half of watermelon rind.
- Serving Size: 1/10 recipe
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 30g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g