This post is sponsored by the National Watermelon Board.
If you want to know how to eat watermelon… THIS IS IT >>> Watermelon Pomegranate Salsa. WOW.
In this house we love us some corn chips… do you agree? Chips and salsa… there’s nothing better. Thus Watermelon Pomegranate Salsa was born.
I love the versatility of watermelon and how it tastes amazing with savory foods like onion, bell pepper, and cilantro. We punched up the sweetness of watermelon with a yummy sour flavor thanks to lime juice and pomegranate arils.
And I cannot get over the presentation of serving this salsa straight in the watermelon rind! Now that’s how to do salsa for a party this holiday season.
You guys– you have to make this Watermelon Pomegranate Salsa ASAP. It’s so easy yet so fancy. For reals.
And it would even be delish over chicken or fish or tossed on top of a salad or burrito bowl. However you typically do salsa this can Watermelon Pomegranate Salsa works great and provides some unique nutritional benefits.
Watermelon is an awesome source of powerful antioxidant lycopene, and can you believe it… it’s packed with a whopping 40% more lycopene than fresh tomatoes.
Watermelon is also a good source of potassium, B6 and vitamin A. Watermelon Pomegranate Salsa is also super hydrating because watermelon is 92% water! Now you see why it’s not only tasty in this salsa but even more nutritious! So dig into this salsa– it’s like drinking a glass of water :)
- 4 cups small diced watermelon
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for mild salsa)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅔ cup (4.3oz) fresh pomegranate arils
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut watermelon in half and scoop out flesh, reserving rind.
- Cut watermelon into small dice, reserving 4 cups for salsa.
- In a large bowl, toss together watermelon, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salsa in half of watermelon rind.
More Yummy Holiday Appetizers
Sweet Jalapeño Cheese Ball
Mascarpone Stuffed Medjool Dates