Wedge Salad Skewers…. Iceberg lettuce, crispy bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing on a stick. YUM!! This appetizer is perfect at a cookout or anytime you’re serving a crowd.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- 1 avocado, large dice
- 4 campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup Naturally Fresh® Brand Bleu Cheese Dressing
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 16 wooden skewers
- Remove any wilted outer layers of lettuce and the stem. Slice the head of lettuce into quarters, and continue to slice lettuce into “bite sized” chunks that can fit on a skewer.
- To assemble skewers, layer lettuce, ½ slice bacon, avocado chunk, and tomato wedge.
- Drizzle dressing on skewers, and top with red onion and bleu cheese crumbles; add freshly ground pepper to taste.