Wedge Salad Skewers…. Iceberg lettuce, crispy bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing on a stick. YUM!! This appetizer is perfect at a cookout or anytime you’re serving a crowd. Thank you to Naturally Fresh® Brand for sponsoring this post.
It’s Monday and who’s ready for the long weekend already? I’m so pumped July 4th falls on a Monday this year because it gives us extra time to spend with family, relaxing in the summer sun. We spend a lot of time outside on long weekends, cooking out, boating and playing in the pool.
When it’s hot outside, I love a good salad. One of my favorite salads to serve up during grilling season at a cookout is the wedge salad. Cool iceberg lettuce with juicy sweet tomatoes, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, and blue cheese dressing.
I’ve teamed up with Naturally Fresh® Brand , a line of high quality home-style dressings to create these Wedge Salad Skewers perfect for entertaining. I know right, revolutionary. Wedge Salad on a stick. I don’t know about you, but a good wedge salad must have a good bleu cheese dressing.
Naturally Fresh only uses real ingredients, and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. You can taste the difference. The Naturally Fresh® Brand Bleu Cheese Dressing is made with their own buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks.
These Wedge Salad Skewers NEED to be at your next cookout. They’re a crowd pleaser and will be sure to impress your guests.
Wedge Salad Skewers…. Iceberg lettuce, crispy bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing on a stick. YUM!! This appetizer is perfect at a cookout or anytime you’re serving a crowd.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- 1 avocado, large dice
- 4 campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup Naturally Fresh® Brand Bleu Cheese Dressing
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 16 wooden skewers
- Remove any wilted outer layers of lettuce and the stem. Slice the head of lettuce into quarters, and continue to slice lettuce into “bite sized” chunks that can fit on a skewer.
- To assemble skewers, layer lettuce, ½ slice bacon, avocado chunk, and tomato wedge.
- Drizzle dressing on skewers, and top with red onion and bleu cheese crumbles; add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!