Wedge Salad Skewers…. Iceberg lettuce, crispy bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing on a stick. YUM!! This appetizer is perfect at a cookout or anytime you’re serving a crowd. Thank you to Naturally Fresh® Brand for sponsoring this post.
It’s Monday and who’s ready for the long weekend already? I’m so pumped July 4th falls on a Monday this year because it gives us extra time to spend with family, relaxing in the summer sun. We spend a lot of time outside on long weekends, cooking out, boating and playing in the pool.
When it’s hot outside, I love a good salad. One of my favorite salads to serve up during grilling season at a cookout is the wedge salad. Cool iceberg lettuce with juicy sweet tomatoes, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, and blue cheese dressing.
I’ve teamed up with Naturally Fresh® Brand , a line of high quality home-style dressings to create these Wedge Salad Skewers perfect for entertaining. I know right, revolutionary. Wedge Salad on a stick. I don’t know about you, but a good wedge salad must have a good bleu cheese dressing.
Naturally Fresh only uses real ingredients, and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. You can taste the difference. The Naturally Fresh® Brand Bleu Cheese Dressing is made with their own buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks.
These Wedge Salad Skewers NEED to be at your next cookout. They’re a crowd pleaser and will be sure to impress your guests.
Wedge Salad Skewers…. Iceberg lettuce, crispy bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing on a stick. YUM!! This appetizer is perfect at a cookout or anytime you’re serving a crowd.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- 1 avocado, large dice
- 4 campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup Naturally Fresh® Brand Bleu Cheese Dressing
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 16 wooden skewers
- Remove any wilted outer layers of lettuce and the stem. Slice the head of lettuce into quarters, and continue to slice lettuce into “bite sized” chunks that can fit on a skewer.
- To assemble skewers, layer lettuce, ½ slice bacon, avocado chunk, and tomato wedge.
- Drizzle dressing on skewers, and top with red onion and bleu cheese crumbles; add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!