This Winter Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette tho. It’s exactly what should be on your holiday table— warm acorn squash, apple slaw, winter greens, hearty grains and a tangy citrus vinaigrette! Add grilled chicken or garbanzo beans to make this salad a meal, or serve as a salad in your holiday spread.
- 1 acorn squash, deseeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup grapes, thinly sliced
- 4 packed cups chopped mixed greens (dandelion, kale, spinach)
- 1 cup mixed hearty grains (brown rice, quinoa, barley)
- 1/2 cup 100% pure orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice acorn squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and thinly slice the squash. Arrange squash on baking sheet and toss with coconut oil and cinnamon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and skins are soft.
- In small bowl or mason jar prepare Citrus Vinaigrette. Whisk together orange juice, apple cider vinegar, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, and maple syrup. Season with salt to taste.
- In medium bowl, toss together apple, onion, cabbage, grapes, and 2-3 tablespoons of dressing.
- Prepare salad by tossing mixed greens with salad dressing. Top with hearty grains, apple slaw and acorn squash.