This Winter Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette recipe is sponsored by Juice Products Association and the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network.
YES YES YES!!! I’m all about this Winter Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette and it’s exactly what you need on your holiday table.
I love getting in a bowl full of green goodness all the time, but especially around the holidays when we are bombarded with sweets. This salad bowl is so nourishing and hearty thanks to the winter greens and hearty grains. They fill you up and make you feel so freaking awesome eating it.
That can’t-stop-won’t-stop-all-day-errr-day energy that we most definitely NEED for all the holiday shopping and getting the house ready for friends and family to visit.
This Winter Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette has all the good stuff in it.
warm acorn squash
tangy citrus vinaigrette!
WINNING! Add grilled chicken or garbanzo beans to make this salad a meal, or serve it alongside your holiday spread.
This Tangy Citrus Vinaigrette is made with 100% orange juice! 100% juice is filled with the same important vitamins and nutrients as the whole fruit it is squeezed from and made with no added sugar.
And since 80% of Americans (yes, that’s pretty much everyone) do not eat the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables in their diet, juice can be an easy way to increase your intake! If you have kiddos, the Academy of Pediatrics suggests serving sizes of 4 ounces for young kids 1-6 and 8 ounces for older children ages 7+.
I’d love to know, have you already OD’d on Christmas cookies? I don’t know about you but the holiday parties have been in overdrive this last week and I know I need a good salad in my life. I know what I’m going to be eating for lunch tomorrow. #cookiedoughdetoxPrint
This Winter Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette tho. It’s exactly what should be on your holiday table— warm acorn squash, apple slaw, winter greens, hearty grains and a tangy citrus vinaigrette! Add grilled chicken or garbanzo beans to make this salad a meal, or serve as a salad in your holiday spread.
- 1 acorn squash, deseeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup grapes, thinly sliced
- 4 packed cups chopped mixed greens (dandelion, kale, spinach)
- 1 cup mixed hearty grains (brown rice, quinoa, barley)
- 1/2 cup 100% pure orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice acorn squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and thinly slice the squash. Arrange squash on baking sheet and toss with coconut oil and cinnamon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and skins are soft.
- In small bowl or mason jar prepare Citrus Vinaigrette. Whisk together orange juice, apple cider vinegar, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, and maple syrup. Season with salt to taste.
- In medium bowl, toss together apple, onion, cabbage, grapes, and 2-3 tablespoons of dressing.
- Prepare salad by tossing mixed greens with salad dressing. Top with hearty grains, apple slaw and acorn squash.
MORE Winter Salad Recipes
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!