Eggs Benedict BLT with Avocado Hollandaise, a hearty comforting breakfast recipe that’s packed with nutrition thanks to avocados.
- Eggs Benedict BLT
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, poached
- 4 halves baguette or english muffin, toasted
- 4 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- ½ Mission Avocado, sliced
- Avocado Hollandaise, for topping
- Avocado Hollandaise
- 1 Mission Avocado (½ cup mashed and packed)
- 1 lemon, juiced (3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange bacon evenly on sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and fully cooked. Remove from oven and place bacon strips on plate lined with paper towels to soak up drippings.
- In small bowl, toss together arugula and lemon juice until greens are coated. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- To make Avocado Hollandaise, combine avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble Eggs Benedict BLT by layering baguette with bacon, tomato, arugula, avocado slices, poached egg and top with avocado hollandaise.
To poach eggs in microwave, crack one egg into a microwave safe mug. In small bowl or measuring cup, combine ⅓ cup water and ½ teaspoon vinegar. Pour water mixture into mug with egg. Microwave egg on 50% power for 60 seconds. Pour out onto slotted spoon to catch the egg.