Eggs Benedict BLT with Avocado Hollandaise, a hearty comforting breakfast recipe that’s packed with nutrition thanks to avocados.
You’ve gotta try this Avocado Hollandaise made with avocado, lemon juice, olive oil and cayenne pepper. It’s crazy simple to toss together into a creamy perfection. Traditional hollandaise made with egg yolks can be finicky to prepare at home, requiring a double boiler and lots of whisking to keep the eggs from scrambling.
And regular hollandaise sauce also calls for…
Like a full stick (1/2 cup) for 4 servings. YIKES!
Now don’t get me wrong I love butter and a good traditional hollandaise sauce, but we all know AVOCADOS take the cake when it comes to health benefits and the flavor of this Eggs Benedict BLT with Avocado Hollandaise is outta this world.
Using creamy avocados in hollandaise sauce over eggs and butter is a definite health and flavor winner IMHO.
I’m in love with this breakfast combo because YES avocado hollandaise, but also BACON, lemony arugula greens, juicy tomatoes, and poached eggs. Ahhh. Nothing like a good old BLT for breakfast.
I hope you give this Eggs Benedict BLT with Avocado Hollandaise a go this week or weekend and share it with someone you love… or keep it all to yourself. No judgement here.
Fair warning: this meal is messy and best eaten with a fork. Dig in!
- Eggs Benedict BLT
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, poached
- 4 halves baguette or english muffin, toasted
- 4 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- ½ Mission Avocado, sliced
- Avocado Hollandaise, for topping
- Avocado Hollandaise
- 1 Mission Avocado (½ cup mashed and packed)
- 1 lemon, juiced (3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange bacon evenly on sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and fully cooked. Remove from oven and place bacon strips on plate lined with paper towels to soak up drippings.
- In small bowl, toss together arugula and lemon juice until greens are coated. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- To make Avocado Hollandaise, combine avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble Eggs Benedict BLT by layering baguette with bacon, tomato, arugula, avocado slices, poached egg and top with avocado hollandaise.
More Breakfast Goodness
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!