How long do you think it took me to cook this dinner?
It looks pretty fancy doesn’t it?
Mmmmm…roasted shrimp is a real treat. To be quite honest, I don’t think I’ve found a food I didn’t think tasted better roasted.
On a bed of whole grain couscous with warm vegetables. Healthy dinner ready in a snap.
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and devained, tail on (I used frozen)
- 1 1/3 cup (7.6 oz box) whole wheat couscous
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- minced garlic and onions, dried
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange shrimp on lined baking sheet for easy clean up. Season shrimp with salt, pepper, dried garlic, dried onions, and/or favorite seasonings. Place shrimp in oven for 8-10 minutes, just until pink and cooked through.
- In medium saucepan, bring broth to boil with tablespoon olive oil. Stir in couscous and cover. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tablespoon of oil in medium skillet, saute onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms just until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff couscous with fork and combine with sauteed vegetables.
- Serve couscous warm topped with roasted shrimp. Enjoy!
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!