Tired of the whining when trying to get your kiddos, hubby, or [insert fish-hater in your life] to eat their salmon? Well fret, no more because I’ve got you covered with…
Salmon is a great source of the omega 3s, EPA and DHA. This is different from the type of omega 3, ALA, found in walnuts, chia seeds, and canola oil. ALA has to be converted to DHA to be used by the body. And while I’m a fan of chia seeds, if we ONLY rely on them for omega 3s we will fall deficient.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper together.
- In separate bowl, whisk egg.
- In another bowl, stir together flour and salt.
- Cut salmon into 1 inch nuggets.
- Dredge salmon pieces through, flour; then egg; finally bread crumbs.
- Place salmon on baking sheet and mist pieces with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve with ketchup or tartar sauce.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!