Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Tostadas– pulled chicken breast cooked with Trader Joe’s famous Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce topped on crispy baked tostadas and veggies. This weeknight dinner will quickly become a family favorite. High protein and gluten-free.
I don’t go to Trader Joe’s too often, even though it’s right down the road from us. It’s usually super crowded and the parking lot is a nightmare, but more often I don’t go because I don’t feel like I can get EVERYTHING there. Sure I can get by going there for one week that is if I don’t need toiletries. When I end up braving the crowd at TJ’s, I’m always surprised at the yummy finds and how much $money$ I end up saving.
This week I discovered their Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce. Ohhhhmyyyygoodness, y’all! Have you seen it or tried it? It reminds me of the mustard sauce from the BBQ House in Auburn, AL (one of our old college favs).
Sweet. Tangy. and a bit Spicy.
I’ve been adding it to errrrything! Pizza. Nachos. Chicken. YUM. Go get you a bottle and make these BBQ Chicken Tostadas while the slow cooker works its magic. Love coming home to a meal in the crockpot, especially on a weeknight.
I know many of you appreciate me including the nutrition info on my recipes so I made sure to add it below. These tostadas are a great source of protein and lower carb and calories. Hope you all love ’em as much as we did.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Tostadas– pulled chicken breast cooked with Trader Joe’s famous Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce topped on crispy baked tostadas and veggies. This weeknight dinner will quickly become a family favorite.
- 16 ounces frozen (or fresh) chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 can pinto beans, drained and pureed (or refried beans)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce in the crockpot and cook on low for at least 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken breast from crockpot and shred.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place corn tortillas on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pureed pinto beans or refried beans on each tortilla; top with pulled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion and cheddar cheese.
- Lightly drizzle BBQ sauce over each tostada. Dig in!
- Serving Size: 2 tostadas
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 495mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!