Grilled Top Sirloin Filets with Italian Salsa Verde…. this protein is all about the flavor. The bursts of lemon garlic in this sauce on top of grilled top sirloin is outrageously good and enhances the flavor of the beef. Thanks to the Florida Beef Council for sponsoring this post.
I have to admit, if it’s not pot roast in the slow cooker or ground beef for the stovetop or grill, I don’t have too much knowledge on how to cook beef. But thankfully I don’t have to have all the answers and be an expert in the cuts of beef to be able to cook awesome steak filets.
The Beef Checkoff has done all the dirty work for me with their Interactive Butcher Counter, which explores every cut of beef and the best prep and cooking methods for each type. And you’ll find lots of delicious recipes (and cooking videos) on their website like these Grilled Top Sirloin Filets with Italian Salsa Verde featured here.
Since May is Florida Beef Month, I’ve partnered with the Florida Beef Council to bring you this beefy recipe. When shopping for beef, go lean by looking for “loin” or “round” in the name. There are so many choices when it comes to lean beef, and if you need a reference, check out this chart to see how the lean cuts compare.
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds beef Top Sirloin Center Filets, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lemon. Mince 1 clove garlic. Combine minced garlic, lemon peel and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Salsa Verde. Place remaining 2 cloves garlic in food processor container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, parsley, capers and olive oil. Cover and process until well blended, stopping and scraping side of container as needed.
- Carve steaks into slices and season with salt, as desired. Serve with Italian Salsa Verde.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 214
- Sodium: 130mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!