Our original almond butter banana oat muffins. Tried and true and a reader favorite recipe
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup certified gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 2- 12 count muffin tin with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, coconut oil, honey, almond butter.
- Stir in almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in oat flour, coconut flour, and ground flaxseed until combined.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin (1/24 recipe)
- Calories: 159 calories
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!