As I was eating dinner last night, I realized I’ve eaten a Mexican-style salad my last three meals aside from the pancakes I had for breakfast. Mexican food is just so good and comforting. And it’s really simple after a long day, especially on a weeknight.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 10 blue corn chips, crushed
- 1/2 small California avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa
- In serving bowl, layer romaine lettuce and top with quinoa, beans, mango, tomato, chips, avocado, and salsa.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!