Almond Butter Energy Bites… made with wholesome ingredients like almond butter, dates, dark chocolate and oats. Perfect for snack time or a super quick breakfast! Vegan. Gluten Free.
It’s Monday.. where did the weekend go? I love the weekends because we get to all be together as a family.. and then Monday hits and it’s back to work.
Eric and I had a fun weekend… I went to a baby shower for a good family friend on Saturday. Something must be in the water because everyone is having babies now! So special that we’re all going through this new phase of life together.
Since it’s Monday I’ll keep it brief. I have these delicious Almond Butter Energy Bites for you today that are made with wholesome ingredients. They are so simple.. just pop all the ingredients in the food processor or blender and roll them into balls.
I like to store these energy bites in the fridge so that they are nice and chilled when I eat them! I think they last longer that way too…but I wouldn’t really know because they don’t last long in my house anyways and are gobbled up in a couple days 🙂Print
Almond Butter Energy Bites… made with wholesome ingredients like almond butter, dates, dark chocolate and oats. Perfect for snack time or a super quick breakfast!
- 1/4 cup lightly salted whole almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate if vegan)
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup raw rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats if gluten allergy)
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, chop almonds and chocolate chips for a couple seconds. Pour into large bowl.
- Process dates in food processor or blender. Add coconut oil, almond butter, flax, chia and vanilla extract to bowl and process until smooth.
- Pour date mixture into large bowl with almonds and chocolate chips and mix until combined. Stir in oats.
- Roll dough into 16 uniform energy bites.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 4g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!