Easy Crockpot Nachos
Serious. Deliciousness. Mexican Night. This recipe was out of the park good with my husband, and for sure scored some points in my book because I practically did nothing…and it was awesome.
What is easier than throwing some ingredients (that only require using a can opener) into a pot, and leaving for work? Fix-it and forget-it. My kind of weeknight meal. I’m always looking for ways to cut corners during our work weeks. Whew.
PS. I didn’t use all the chicken on our nachos, there was a lot of leftovers, so I made up a pot of brown rice, and took it for work the next day. You could for sure get away with making another batch of nachos, especially if your serving for a big crowd! Also, one bag of chips may not fit on the pan.. we used a half bag.Print
What is easier than throwing some ingredients into a pot, and leaving for work? Fix-it and forget-it. My kind of weeknight meal. These Easy Crockpot Nachos are insanely delicious!
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can rotel
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 1 bag blue corn chips
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced or mixed into a guacamole
- Fresh salsa
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place chicken, rotel, corn, black beans, and taco seasoning into a crockpot, and turn on low heat for 6-8 hours. Once it’s cooked, just shred chicken in the pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet or pizza pan with aluminum foil and lightly mist with cooking spray.
- Place chips on baking sheet and top with cheese, and bake until cheese melts. (5-10min).
- Top with shredded chicken, and layer with lettuce, avocado/guacamole, salsa, and lime wedges.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 489mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
Keywords: easy crockpot nachos
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!