You guys…. Garlic Butter Chicken Spaghetti Squash Skillet.
The cast iron skillet is an excellent conductor of heat and the flavors and caramelization that it brings out in a dish is on point.
Nope, I just can’t stop with this Garlic Butter Chicken Spaghetti Squash Skillet recipe.
Annnd it doesn’t get better than a one pan meal. Easy clean up! AMIRIGHT?
But really garlic butter chicken spaghetti squash skillet has been a go-to ova here for weeknight dinners. I developed this recipe in partnership with the Cherry Marketing Institute and have literally made this recipe in over and over again because it’s that good so I had to get it up on the site to share with you!!
I hope you love skillet recipes as much as I do!! Or at least a little bit because this one is going to change your easy weeknight dinner life.
Oh and this recipe is high protein, lower on the carbs and chockfull of all the veggies! Can’t get better than that.
All the things I need on a busy weeknight… garlic butter chicken spaghetti squash skillet with kale, tart cherries, and cheese baked in the cast iron skillet.
Get in my belly.Print
All the things you need on a busy weeknight… garlic butter chicken spaghetti squash skillet with kale, tart cherries, and cheese baked in the cast iron.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound raw chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped packed swiss chard or kale
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Drizzle inside of squash with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper; arrange squash cut side down and place in oven for 35-45 minutes until golden and roasted. Allow to cool; using a fork scrape out spaghetti strands from squash shell.
- While squash is roasting, prepare chicken. In a large cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add garlic and chicken breast. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Allow chicken breast to cook without moving so that a crust forms. Once crust forms and is cooked halfway through, flip to other side and cook until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan once it’s cooked.
- Stir in swiss chard and dried tart cherries, and cook for a few minutes to wilt chard and moisten tart cherries.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in spaghetti squash, cheese, and top with chicken and almonds.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!