This Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice recipe will have you screaming “WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER”!
It’s so easy and convenient when you have zero time to cook and need dinner on the table fast. Bonus points, one pot clean up. Yipee!
Okay, I gave in… I ordered an Instant Pot on Amazon Prime earlier this month and have successfully cooked this Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice recipe at least once a week. Because it’s pretty amazing and life changing. I’m one of those people that wait until the last minute to decide what’s for dinner.
Enter Instant Pot.
My old stove top pressure cooker died a few years back. I always enjoyed using it but I just never replaced it… it wasn’t a kitchen essential in my book, and was somewhat scary to use. That is, until I met the Instant Pot. I love this appliance because it’s more than just an electric pressure cooker…
it’s a slow cooker,
and has a sauté and warm function…and it’s actually pretty intuitive to use.
One of the big pros is that you can sauté in the pot. Have you ever wanted to sauté up your veggies or brown your meat before tossing it into the slow cooker?? My hand is raised high. I would generally skip that step in the name of NOT DOING THE DISHES even though I know that is what helps to lock in the flavor on pot roasts, and develops more depth in dishes that call for onions.
But I hate dishes. So the Instant Pot now saves my life.
And I’m thanking my friend Jo for making this Cajun Vegetable Rice and convincing me to Amazon Prime this Instant Pot.
Ohhhh and the Instant Pot is also my new favorite way to cook simple shredded chicken. Goodbye slow cooker hello Instant Pot. I made this amazing Lemon Chicken Salad today from raw chicken to finished dish in like 30 mins flat.
Can’t wait to see what all I come up with using my Instant Pot! Stay tuned.
I’d love to know if you make this Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice recipe! Do you have an Instant Pot?? Would you like to see more recipes like this?
Hit reply to this email or leave me a note in the comments section on the blog!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1.25 pound raw chicken breast
- Turn Instant Pot on to SAUTE mode. Heat olive oil and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add brown rice and broth to the pot. Stir in carrots, peas, corn, turmeric, saffron, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of rice mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot, and turn nozzle to SEALING. Cook on MANUAL setting for 25 minutes. Once time is up, allow pressure to go into KEEP WARM mode for 15 minutes to allow the pressure to release naturally. Then press CANCEL on the Instant Pot and twist the steam release handle on the lid to the VENTING position.
- Once steam has released, open Instant Pot lid to shred the chicken and stir into the rice mixture with a fork. Serve warm.