Did you know cauliflower is packed with nutrition? Yeah, shocking I know. It’s easy to be fooled by its lack of color.
At our house we are trying to include new foods into our meals. Foods we don’t always pick up at the grocery store, to get more balance and variety, to have more fun… to find new recipes.
Cauliflower contains potent antioxidants that reduce inflammation making it an excellent disease-fighter. One cup has a full dose of the daily value for vitamin C, and it’s a good source of fiber and folate.
Couldn’t keep my hands off these golden nuggets. Salty. Crunchy. Warm. Fresh. Light. Zesty. They would make a terrific party appetizer or weeknight sides that’s a little less than ordinary.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup Salted Potato Chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmigiano reggiano cheese, divided
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon, divided
- freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cauliflower pieces on large rimmed baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray and massage paprika onto the cauliflower.
- In small bowl, mix together crushed potato chips, 1/4 cup parsley, 1/4 cup cheese, and lemon zest. Add chip mixture to cauliflower and combine with hands until incorporated.
- Before placing in oven, top cauliflower with freshly ground white pepper and juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, mixing halfway to ensure even browning.
- Transfer to serving dish, and garnish with remaining parsley, cheese, and lemon juice. Dig in!
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!