After a day dedicated to s’mores, you’re probably craving something green! I know I am; especially after Taste of the Nation, a night full of eating and drinking… all for a good cause, but more on that next time.
Introducing the bean fry. It’s a green bean, that’s crispy and can be eaten with your hands! At least that’s how we do it at our house. I serve these up with burgers and have been known to dip them in ketchup. Yep, you read that right– green beans in ketchup.
Bean fries are a crowd pleaser, so make sure you have enough greenies on your hands. They shrink up when cooked and if you’re like us, you’ll find yourself shoveling them in your mouth hot out of the oven.
I can’t wait to share with you what I learned from hanging out with Rachel V Photography yesterday! We had some fun playing with food styling, photography, and editing– check back on Friday for details. Let me know if you’d like a tutorial :)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- olive oil spray (about ½ teaspoon oil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute green beans on pan, gently spray with olive oil.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until crispy and a little dehydrated.
- Top hot fries with salt and a little pepper to taste!