Omelets. Light and fluffy, oozing with cheese, and stuffed with veggies that have a tender crunch.
They can be a little tricky to make. But I wanted to share with you my 10 tips to getting them to turn out.
10 for Perfect Omelet
- A good non-stick pan is a must! I use this one.
- Butter the pan. Don’t make the mistake I have by using cooking spray. The lecithin in the cooking spray ruins non-stick pans. *always use real products i.e. butter or oil if you want to keep your pans in shape.
- Whisk the eggs with a little milk before pouring them in the pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat. It may take a little longer, but it’s what keeps the omelet fluffy.
- Release the sides to allow uncooked eggs to cook. See photo.
- Flip it. Carefully 🙂
- Add the cheese directly to the eggs, and allow to melt.
- Top with sauteed veggies. (use separate pan to saute vegetables)
- Fold it.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!