No Bake Trail Mix Cereal Bars. Peanut butter marshmallow trail mix goodness because we all need a little fun in our life! This rice crispy treat gets a tasty upgrade with a sweet and salty trail mix twist.
I don’t know about you but I’m ready for a little break and the long weekend ahead. The new school schedule just started and the fall madness has already begun over here.
This week I feel burred. Can someone please come dig me out
under the mountain of dishes,
a highchair ALWAYS caked with crumbs,
and the piles of laundry needing to be washed and folded and put away before we head out of town tomorrow for the holiday weekend.
Oh and packing, ugh. I just can’t right now.
So I’m just going to day dream about these No Bake Trail Mix Cereal Bars… or like go to bed and really dream.
Sometimes you just need to leave the mess, try to forget about it, and go to bed. I crave order and clean floors and less cat hair on my sofas and easily get frustrated when life gets messy, but turning off and sleeping instead of keeping busy can be a good thing for me.
Rest is not something I’m good at.
So with that, I’m off to bed. We’re headed up to my aunt’s lake house in Alabama and to Auburn to enjoy a little of game day weekend. And I’m so ready… well in spirit at this point but I’ll keep dreaming that somehow we can get it all done.
But first, sleep and No Bake Trail Mix Cereal Bars.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups original Cherrios
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup salted pretzels, broken into chunks
- ¾ cup salted peanuts
- ½ cup raisins
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup m&ms
- Line 9X13 inch baking dish with parchment paper or spray liberally with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix together cereal, 1 cup marshmallows, pretzels, peanuts, raisins, and pinch or two of salt if you like a sweet and salty combo.
- In large non stick skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Once butter is melted, stir in marshmallows and continue to stir until marshmallows are almost melted.
- Stir in peanut butter and remove from heat once incorporated.
- Quickly fold in cereal mixture and stir until coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, spread evenly and firmly press into dish using parchment paper to keep your hands from getting sticky.
- Spread m&ms on top of cereal bars and gently press down without breaking them. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.