My mama bakes the best banana bread muffins… they are perfectly moist with LOTS of banana flavor and made with walnuts. Because we love them so much, I just had to reinvent her classic to make Healthy Banana Bread Muffins with Walnuts.
Wanna know her secret to the best banana bread muffins? She always adds an extra banana.
These Healthy Banana Bread Muffins with Walnuts are made with less sugar, whole wheat flour, and yes, that extra banana! We even subbed in maple syrup instead of white sugar into this recipe.
I’ve worked on making the best ever healthy banana bread muffins with walnuts for a while! We’ve tested this recipe over and over and over and over to perfect it.
And finally we made Healthy Banana Bread Muffins with Walnuts that are perfectly moist with LOTS of banana flavor and
the right balance of walnuts…
not too many walnuts…
but enough to give that yummy crunchy texture
and warm nutty flavor.
Ahhhh, healthy banana bread muffins with walnuts at it’s finest… it’s not my mama’s old fashioned recipe but I promise they are just as yummy.
- 4 bananas, pureed (1½ cups pureed bananas)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup walnut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 24 count mini muffin tin with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, egg, walnut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to bowl and mix together just until combined taking care not to over mix.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake in 350 degree F oven for 14-15 minutes, or until muffins spring back on the top and toothpick inserted into the muffins is done.