Strawberry Brussels Sprouts Naan Flatbread is an easy appetizer or main made that’s sweet and savoy. Warm naan bread loaded with shaved Brussels sprouts, strawberry mascarpone, fresh strawberries, and a tangy balsamic drizzle. So good.
If you’re following me on Instagram stories you know from my recent updates that I’m nesting like a crazy mother… and that we are officially 3ish weeks away from having our second baby boy.
Life with a wild toddler + newborn is about to get real. Any advice for this second time mama?
Because we moved right before the madness of the holidays and at the end of my busy travel season…. life has not been “normal” for a few months and I am afraid that this is just the way it’s going to be at this phase… at least for a bit.
The essentials like sleep, exercise, home cooked meals, work life balance and a clean house have not been the norm around here these days. When the new year hits I’m usually one for goal setting and evaluating my life but this year… I didn’t have the “urge” as my priorities are a bit different.
As of late I’ve been super focused on decluttering and purging our collection of stuff. Ugh, I am not one to like excess and like to keep “things” at a minimum or it stresses me out. If I don’t use it, I don’t want it to clutter our space.
Anytime you move, you are faced with how much you’ve been hoarding… even if you think you declutter often. It’s a mess. And we seriously sold all of our “big” furniture before we moved out… which was awesome, but then the reality hit of not having ANYTHING in the house for months.
That was stressful. Thankfully we kept our beds, but I’m currently still on the market for a few more pieces of big furniture like a dresser for our room and second sofa for the living room.
I started setting up the nursery the last couple weeks– and if you want a sneak peek be sure to follow my insta stories.
But for now let’s share this Strawberry Brussels Sprouts Naan Flatbread.
Strawberry Brussels Sprouts Naan Flatbread an easy appetizer or main made that’s sweet and savoy. Warm naan bread loaded with shaved Brussels sprouts, strawberry mascarpone, fresh strawberries, and a tangy balsamic drizzle. So good.
- 1 (4.4 oz) naan flatbread
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- ½ cup shredded brussel sprouts (2 large brussels sprouts)
- 1 large strawberry, sliced
- 1 ounce (¼ cup) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze, for garnish
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place flatbread on sheet.
- In small bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese and strawberry preserves. Spread strawberry cheese mixture evenly on flatbread.
- Top flatbread with shredded brussels sprouts, strawberries, goat cheese, drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil. Slice flatbread into 4-8 pieces.
NUTRITION: per serving (½ flatbread): 367 calories, 21g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 42mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 37g total carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 7g sugar, 11g protein, 17% vitamin A, 42% vitamin C, 10% calcium, 14% iron
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!