This caesar salad is bursting with flavor thanks to grilled chicken and creamy avocado!
You guys I’m totally all about this Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad made with a mayo and egg free dressing – OH YES! It’s creamy and dreamy and filled with lots of protein, healthy fats, loads of lettuce and comforting homemade croutons for carbs– basically it’s a salad meal. I love me a good meal salad!
How to make caesar salad
It’s so simple to make and very nourishing too– avocados, lemon, parm and a few other ingredients whooshed together in the blender. Easy peasy.
How many calories are in caesar salad?
This salad is under 600 calories! Not to mention it’s packed with healthy fats and a whopping 36 grams of protein! So nutritious AND incredibly delicious.
And this Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing is life. I’m all about a zesty lemony caesar dressing so I made sure to get a full lemon into this one. This dressing actually keeps in the fridge if you make it in advance for meal prep because the lemon juice keeps the avocados from turning brown. Score!
When I developed this recipe we had so much extra dressing so it was a round for a week or so before I could eat it all up, and if you follow me on Instagram you know I’ve been making this salad on repeat for lunch. It’s just so delish.
- For Salad
- 3 cups packed shredded kale
- 5 cups packed chopped romaine lettuce
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 Mission Avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shaved parmesan
- 1 recipe homemade croutons
- 1 recipe Avocado Caesar Dressing
- For Homemade Croutons
- 2 cups diced sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- For Avocado Caesar Dressing
- 1 Mission Avocado (or ½ cup mashed avocado)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcheshire Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To make Homemade Croutons: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small bowl, toss together bread, lemon juice, olive oil and parmesan cheese; working lemon juice and oil into bread. Pour prepared bread on baking sheet and cook croutons for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- To make Avocado Caesar Dressing: Combine all ingredients for salad dressing into a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- To assemble salad In large bowl, toss kale, romaine, and croutons with avocado caesar dressing; working dressing in to coat leaves. Pour salad greens into 4 bowls and top each with chicken breast, avocado slices, and parmesan cheese.
This recipe was developed for Mission Avocados.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 591
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 756mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: caesar salad
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!