This recipe post for Vegan Sushi Bowls with Spicy Dressing is sponsored by Unilever.
These Vegan Sushi Bowls are making my life right now… because of this spicy dressing, let’s be honest. I’m really all about the condiments. I love a good honey mustard, zesty salad dressing, sweet chili sauce, yum yum sauce and when it comes to sushi… eel sauce and spicy mayo are my thang.
Ohmmmegee. This sauce makes my sushi life that much BETTA.
I LOVE sushi. Like love love love it. When Eric goes out for sushi with colleagues and he comes home and tells me about it I get super jelly. Like why can’t we go on sushi dates? Date night, honey! Hint, hint… let’s go grab sushi.
I don’t really do raw fish…and never sashimi. I just can’t. I know it’s so healthy, but. NO. So these vegan sushi bowls are like all-the-sushi-flavors that I love… sea veggies, rice, crunchy veggies, AVOCADO and spicy dressing.
Now, I do love fried tempura and cream cheese rolls (yum!) and rolls with steamed fish, but that’s for another post since this is all about making healthy vegan sushi bowls.
So let it be known these Vegan Sushi Bowls are IT. You can totally add your favorite veggies (or fish if you’re not vegan) and make this sushi bowl your own… but for me I’ll take this Vegan Sushi Bowl just as it is with ALL THE SPICY DRESSING, please.
More on that spicy dressing… it’s made with Hellmann’s® Vegan with a blend of Sriracha hot sauce, agave, and lime juice. Simplicity at its finest. Hellmann’s® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing is Certified Vegan, Eggless, Cholesterol Free and made with Non-GMO sourced ingredients. Hellmann’s® can be part of an overall balanced diet since it is made with plant-based oils and is a great source of healthy fats .
These Vegan Sushi Bowls with Spicy Dressing are nourishing enough for dinner, but I really enjoy it for lunch– it’s light and refreshing and filled with lots of veg. Winning! Grab the chopsticks.Print
Vegan Sushi Bowls with Spicy Dressing, made with Hellmann’s® Vegan
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 2 bowls 1x
These Vegan Sushi Bowls are making my life right now… because of this spicy dressing. Let’s be honest… it’s all about the condiments.
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Hellmann’s® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1–2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 carrot, spiralized or julienned
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for topping
- Reduced sodium soy sauce, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and stir in brown rice. Lower heat and cover, simmering about 45 minutes until rice is cooked and water is absorbed. Note: read specific package instructions, and cook rice accordingly. Remove cooked rice from heat and gently stir in vinegar and a pinch of salt. Allow rice to cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together Hellmann’s® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing, agave nectar, Sriracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Slice seaweed into thin strips and moisten slightly with water.
- In two bowls, arrange brown rice, seaweed, avocado, carrots, cucumber, watercress, and top with sesame seeds. Drizzle with spicy dressing and soy sauce. Enjoy with chopsticks.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 478
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 326mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 93g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: vegan sushi bowls with spicy dressing
 *Contains 10g of fat per serving
 * Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread contains 711mg ALA per serving, 44% of the 1.6 Daily Value for ALA, 10g fat and 1.5g saturated fat
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
Sushi is everything! Love this deconstructed version with Vegan mayo! What?? Gotta find this ASAP!
Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD says
I know right?! YUM!!!
Platter Talk says
Your bowl looks extra delicious and healthy. Thanks.
Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD says
Thanks so much! I’m totally loving it right now.
Cricket Plunkett says
This looks so flavorful! I’d probably have to make mine a touch less spicy though, I’m a wimp!
Allison - Celebrating Sweets says
I don’t eat fish so I love the idea of a vegan sushi bowl! And that sauce?! Yum! The spicier the better!
Haley D. Williams says
I LOVE sushi too! I had no idea Hellman’s made a vegan mayo. That is so perfect for spicy dressing!
These bowls look so light and healthy! I would eat one for dinner any night! Thanks for the recipe!